This easy One-Pot Cheesy Tortellini will become a family favorite! It’s full of flavor made with a easy homemade sauce with a splash of cream tossed with tortellini and topped with lots of melted mozzarella cheese ready in about 30 minutes!
Raise your hand if you love one-pot meals! Aren’t they the best! I love them! They’re perfect for busy weeknights and you can’t beat the easy cleanup!
This delicious One-Pot Cheesy Tortellini is so easy without sacrificing flavor. With just a few simple ingredients you can get this delicious dinner ready in no time. It’s even made with a homemade marinara with a splash of cream that you’re going to love and want to make for any pasta night! The best part is it’s ready in about 30 minutes for one tasty meal you’re entire family will love!
This homemade marinara is my go sauce that I make all the time. I love it for spaghetti night which is my kids favorite especially when I make my homemade meatballs! This marinara is ridiculously easy to make. It’s just a can of good quality crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. That’s it! Can it get any easier? It’s so fresh and easy and even with just a few ingredients it’s bursting with flavor!
This recipe uses my go to marinara sauce along with a splash of cream. If you love like a vodka sauce, this is somewhat similar to that, minus the vodka of course. I love the addition of the splash of cream in this recipe that gives the sauce a great creamy texture. It’s so good!
Now let’s get cheesy for a minute. I’ve come up with something cheesy (sorry I had to say it) but’s it’s so good! I toss the cheese with a little bit of garlic powder and Italian seasoning just like on cheesy garlic bread, minus the bread of course and sprinkle that on top! Wow, just wow! When you dive into that cheesy layer and you get all that extra flavor it’s just incredible and unexpected!
You can either bake it at 350 until the cheese is melted or pop it under the broiler. If you pop it under the broiler you just want to watch it closely so the cheese doesn’t burn. I prefer putting it under the broiler but when I do I don’t walk away because the cheese will melt in seconds. If you use the broiler you just want to make sure you use an oven safe skillet. I use a cast iron skillet so it’s safe for the oven and for the broiler.
I recommend letting the dish sit for a good 10 minutes before serving. Right before serving sprinkle a little more basil on top and then get ready to dive into a tasty meal everyone will love!
ONE-POT CHEESY TORTELLINI
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 4 -6 Author Mother Thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounce can good quality crushed tomatoes
- 4-5 large basil leaves chopped plus 1-2 more leaves chiffonade for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 ounce bag refrigerated not frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, chopped basil, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Stir in broth.
- Warm heavy cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds so it’s slightly warm then stir heavy cream into sauce.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Bring sauce to a low boil then add in tortellini.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until tortellini are tender. Keep an eye on the tortellini so they don’t overcook.
- Once tortellini is cooked remove from heat.
- Gently stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Toss remaining 1 cup mozzarella with garlic powder and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake on the center rack in oven for about 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Alternatively you can bake under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted. Just keep a watch on the cheese so it doesn’t burn.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Before serving sprinkle with additional basil.